If you’ve been looking at the wealth of flooring options available to restore your concrete, you’ve probably considered epoxy floor coatings, but are they the right choice for your property? Transylvania Concrete Coatings weighs in on the benefits of epoxy floors in this handy guide.
First, the Benefits: Weighing in on The Pros of Epoxy Floor Coating
The basement is an area of the home that often serves as a multipurpose room. You may opt to section off part of it for a den or play area for the kids. A portion of the basement also frequently ends up being used as a workshop for household projects and hobbies. Unfinished basements are especially prone to household storage and DIY tasks. A durable basement epoxy floor coating can provide a surface that stands up to many different uses. Yet, this work results in heavy use, accidents, and falls. Transylvania Concrete Coatings are designed to be abrasion and impact-resistant to withstand dropped tools, paint cans, toys, and the scuffs and scrapes of shoes.
- Superior Durability Means Long-Lasting Floors: Epoxy floors are made challenging. With a virtually impenetrable seal, they can handle everything from gasoline to chlorine without faltering. With proper installation by a team of professionals like Transylvania Concrete Coatings, your epoxy floors will protect and preserve your concrete longer than most floor remodels.
- It’s an Affordable Upgrade: Epoxy is a cost-effective remodel for almost any space. With a range of design options and various finishes, many homes and commercial spaces will find epoxy a great, flexible choice for their budget. This is a great way to preserve your floors from concrete coatings for patios to epoxy basement floor coating without spending a fortune.
- These Heavy Duty Floors Require Minimal Maintenance: Our epoxy floors outshine traditional flooring options in high-traffic environments. Whether you run a school, an auto-shop, or an at-home garage, this is your best bet if you never want to worry about scrubbing grout or grease-stains again (and we know you don’t).
The Downsides: Potential Cons of Epoxy Floor Coatings
- These Floors Are Slippery: If you use soaps, oils, or other liquids in your garage, you’ll want to take extra care. This is especially true for businesses– you won’t want a customer or employee getting injured on your property! Our fix: We offer antislip concrete coatings that do away with this common epoxy problem and keep your floor safe while retaining a glossy-smooth finish.
- Without Proper Preparation, Things Can Go South: Epoxy floors are certainly one of the most durable concrete floor coatings, but it’s by far one of the most challenging coatings to apply. Our fix: You won’t want to DIY this one– best leave it to the professionals to ensure an adequately buffed, cleaned, and leveled surface. We’ll bring everything we need to ensure an enduring hold. Best of all, we won’t take weeks to do it.
- They Can Be Dangerous to Install on Your Own: This goes without saying. Working with harsh chemicals requires extensive protection, proper circulation, and training. Our fix: Our experienced and thoroughly epoxy flooring Chicago pros will take every measure to prevent hazards and reduce fumes throughout the installation.
Get Personalized Advice from Our Flooring Pros
If you’re interested in residential or commercial epoxy floor coating, call our team to learn more. If not, our polyuria coatings are a great alternative. You can request a free estimate now by filling out our online quote form.