Commercial kitchens go through many wringers throughout the day. It includes high temperatures, oil spills, steady streams of water, heavy foot traffic, and more. Due to such harsh conditions, commercial kitchens require strong and durable floor coatings.
If you’re looking for durable commercial kitchen flooring, ensure to consider the following factors:
- Safety — For safety, a slip-resistant coating helps improve traction and limits falls
- Sanitation — An easy-to-clean floor coating that doesn’t require harsh cleaning agents to clean the floor daily.
- Infection control — A pre-treated coating material that can control microbial growth and infection.
- Aesthetics — The one that creates ambiance while supporting your branding
So which floor coatings meet all these features? Here are the two most popular flooring options that you must choose for your commercial kitchens to create unique environments:
#1. Polyurea floor coatings
Polyurea flooring can withstand high temperatures due to its unique flexibility. The polyurea material can expand and contract without fracturing. Due to polyurea’s fast reaction time ( 5-15 seconds), the coating doesn’t get affected by humidity and moisture. Moreover, the coating cures within a few hours, allowing kitchen owners to use their area to the full potential in a shorter time. If you’re planning to buy polyuria floor coatings for your commercial kitchen, you can contact Transylvania Concrete Coatings to receive floor coatings with the following features:
- Crafted from 100% polyurea solids
- Specially designed for permanent bonding
- Resistant to damage from abrasions or chemicals
- UV-stable to protect from sun damage
- Available in both matte and gloss finishes
- Pre-tinted for consistently rich color
- Built with an optional slip-resistant finish
#2. Ceramic tiles
Ceramic tile consists of a clay mixture formed into tiles and fired in a kiln. Ceramic tiles are available in both porcelain and non-porcelain composites. The tiles are durable, hard, easy to clean, and requires minimal maintenance. For commercial kitchen flooring, the ceramic tiles are coated with a melted glass glaze, offering protection against wear and tear, stains, and water. The glaze coating also allows ceramic to take on nearly any look, allowing manufacturers to create tiles in almost any design, including wood-grains and other natural patterns. The best thing about tiles is that if a tile breaks, you can replace the one at a time without shutting down the kitchen.
When it comes to the flooring in highly used areas of your home, durability alone isn’t enough—you need beauty and style as well! To protect and beautify your commercial kitchens, Transylvania Concrete Coatings is proud to install resilient and aesthetically appealing kitchen floor coatings. We offer a wide variety of stylish, durable floor options in various colors and designs. It means that you will get a custom look that perfectly complements your outdoor décor and aesthetic.
Get in touch with Transylvania Concrete Coatings
If you’re ready to get a durable but designer commercial kitchen floor that stands up to heavy traffic and harsh weather, then give Transylvania Concrete Coatings a call today! To request your free, no-obligation pricing, submit our online form now.